Home / To Disable the Use of USB Storage Devices|
How to disable the use of USB storage devices?
To Disable the Use of USB Storage Devices in CMOS.
If users have administrator's permissions,Can disable the Use of USB Storage Devices in CMOS.Start computer,press "DEL" key,enter into CMOS,then enter into advance chip settings,Stop USB ON Board.
To Disable the Use of USB Storage Devices In System.
This article discusses two methods that you can use to prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device.
1).If a USB Storage Device Is Not Already Installed on the Computer
If a USB Storage Device Is Not Already Installed on the Computer,assign the user or the group Deny permissions to the following files:
When you do so, users cannot install a USB storage device on the computer. To assign a user or group Deny permissions to the Usbstor.pnf and Usbstor.inf files, follow these steps:
1. Start Windows Explorer, and then locate the %SystemRoot%\Inf folder.
2. Right-click the Usbstor.pnf file, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Security tab.
4. In the Group or user names list, click the user or group that you want to set Deny permissions for.
5. In the Permissions for UserName or GroupName list, click to select the Deny check box next to Full Control, and then click OK.
Note In addition, add the System account to the Deny list.
6. Right-click the Usbstor.inf file, and then click Properties.
7. Click the Security tab.
8. In the Group or user names list, click the user or group that you want to set Deny permissions for.
9. In the Permissions for UserName or GroupName list, click to select the Deny check box next to Full Control, and then click OK.
2).If a USB Storage Device Is Already Installed on the Computer
If a USB storage device is already installed on the computer, set the Start value in the following registry key to 4:
When you do so, the USB storage device does not work when the user connects the device to the computer. To set the Start value, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate, and then click the following registry key:
4. In the right pane, double-click Start.
5. In the Value data box, type 4, click Hexadecimal (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.
Yahoo Chat Monitor and other instant messenger monitor,
block Yahoo messenger,
block google talk
and other instant messenger block,
block p2p, block p2p traffic,
internet content filter, filter internet,
monitor employees,network monitor,